Sturmgeschutz IV (StuG IV) (Sd.Kfz.167) was a variant of the German Panzer IV assault gun used during the Second World War in the latter part of the war.
Its role and concept were identical to those of the successful StuG III assault gun variant of the Panzer III.
The two StuG models were awarded an exclusive role of tank destroyers in German formations and tactical planning during the last two years of the war, greatly increasing the capabilities of the decreasing tank fleet available to the German army on the east and west fronts.
From December 1943 to May 1945, Krupp built 1,108 StuG IV and converted 31 more from damaged Panzer IV hulls. Although their number was less than 10,000+ StuG III, the StuG IV completed and fought alongside StuG III in 1944-1945, when they were most needed.
Contains Decals for 4 versions:
1: The 4th SS Polixei Panzergrenardier Division
Greece, Summer 1944
2: Sturmgeschutz Brigade 912
Kurland, May 1945 - Elabeth
3: The 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division
Gotz von Berlichingen, Normandy France, 1944
4: The 4th SS Polizei Panzergrenardier Division
Eastern Front, Autumn 1944